Racing Legacy Fund
Grant Application Guidelines
Supports programs promoting the safety and welfare of racehorses, providing adoption or retirement opportunities for racehorses, retraining racehorses for second careers, using retired horses in equine therapy for human rehabilitation and encouraging involvement in the ownership and breeding of racehorses.
Non-profit organizations in Indiana, including but not limited to, equine assisted programs, rescue, adoption and second-career organizations, rescue facilities, clubs and associations, schools and educational institutions, and other non-profit businesses in Indiana.
• There shall be two (2) application deadlines per the calendar year, the first being March 1st, and the second being September 1st.
• Grant requests should not exceed Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00).
• The application and all information and documentation requested therein must be submitted in one package.
• Only eligible projects with completed applications received by the deadline date will be considered.
• Application packages should utilize the application form. Supplemental answers and additional documentation must be attached to or submitted with the application form. If a question is not applicable to your project, please indicate so by using the notation “N/A” for “not applicable.” Please do not exceed the maximum number of words set forth per section, and maintain the order and format of the application form as closely as possible. Your complete application package, including the signed application form and all attachments, must be submitted and received by the deadline to be considered.
Submissions by mail: Indiana Horse Council Foundation, Inc.
Attention: Grant Coordinator
P.O. Box 153
Greenwood, Indiana 46142
Electronic Submissions: Email to: email@example.com
Application Review Process
Applications will be screened for compliance with the requirements listed above. Applications meeting minimum requirements will be forwarded to a review committee for evaluation. Qualified applications will be reviewed for:
• Conformity with the Fund Purposes as defined in the Racing Legacy Fund Mission (please see application)
• Value to the horse industry
• Size and scope of activity
• Financial need
• Quality of the application package
Notification of Status
Grant recipients should receive notification by mail or email within sixty (60) days of the application deadline date. Applicants shall receive either an approval letter with a check disbursing the grant funds, or a denial letter which may or may not include the reasons the grant request has been denied. For approved grants, please note that the review committee may recommend a grant less than the requested amount.
Grant awards are subject to funds availability.
For assistance, please contact the Indiana Horse Council Foundation, Inc. by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest.